“Leaders in an organization are being inclusive when….”
- They are walking the (diversity) talk and modeling inclusive behaviour.
- They are taking part in both formal and informal processes that support the development of an inclusive organization.
- They understand community expectations and hold their staff accountable for meeting those needs.
- They are willing to reconsider how resources are allocated to serve a group or sector that has been under-served.
- They are purposeful and intentional about using a “diversity lens” in specific processes such as recruitment and promotion.
- They support diversity and inclusion by developing members of their team on merit and being more transparent about assignments and promotions.
- They are working to create environments that are respectful
- They encourage existing practices to be challenged
- They aim for integrity between the organization’s diversity policies and its practices
- They lead by influence, not authority.